- This event has passed.
Housing and Transition: Gracefully Moving Out and Moving on to Your Next Home
Free Seminar, dinner included!
It’s Essential to Know the Challenges You May Face
Our LTLA housing experts acknowledge that a move from one’s longtime home can be bittersweet, even painful. It’s a difficult decision to make, despite the fact a new environment may be better suited to your needs. In this seminar, three LTLA experts will offer recommendations to help you take charge of your decision-making and offer suggestions to help guide you in your move. They will explain how you can ready your house for sale with the helping hand of a senior relocation specialist who will assist you in sorting out what to keep and what to set free. You will learn the important points to consider in determining the most appropriate choice for your next residence (downsizing to a smaller home, over 55 community, independent senior apartment, assisted living and more). You will also gain insight about ways to de-stress as you prepare for your new life passage and how to plan for it—even learn what to expect on the day of the move so that you transition into your new space with grace, style and ease.
This Seminar Will Help You:
- Determine your housing requirements and what to consider in your decision-making process
- Evaluate if the time is right to sell your home
- Understand the options of “where you go from here”: smaller home, over 55 community, independent senior apartment, assisted living facility, and more
- Learn about the financial requirements of the various housing options
- Discover programs and options that exist to help you cover the costs
- Cope with the emotions of letting go of the memories and cherished possessions
- Explore strategies and ideas that make downsizing easy and stress-free
- Diane Vezzuto
Senior Relocation & Transition Specialist
- Dina Frauwirth
Senior Living Facility Placement Specialist, Certified Senior Advisor
- Jo-Anne Johnson
Senior Real Estate Specialist