- This event has passed.
Mom and Dad Are Getting Older and You Need Help!
July 31 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
You’re invited to a complimentary fine dining event
Support for patients and families who need a healthcare advocate for their aging parent
You are approaching retirement and looking forward to enjoying your years of hard work. Your children are adults and on their own. You have travel plans; you have hobbies; you are looking forward to spoiling your grandchildren. That is great…until one of your parents has a medical issue or crisis. Maybe they just fell or had surgery. Perhaps they have an ongoing medical condition that recently accelerated. Who can help you and your family understand how to best navigate the healthcare system? Who can help manage doctors’ appointments, hospital visits, prescriptions, insurance, Medicare? What if you and your siblings are not on the same page about what is best for mom or dad’s care? Your new priority is to help your parent live the best they can. You need someone who speaks everyone’s language.
A Healthcare Advocate is a professional who can translate doctor-speak into language you and your family can understand. You need a professional who is your partner and liaison, who can untangle all of the medical information thrown at your family. Your need may be very short-term or ongoing. A Healthcare Advocate is a neutral, unbiased, independent resource who knows the medical field and works with families to help manage their loved one’s healthcare.
Please arrive 15 minutes early to ensure we start on time.
This seminar will:
- Explain the role of a professional healthcare manager.
- Define the benefits of having an advocate who can join the patient at doctor’s and/or hospital visits.
- Show you how an advocate can make sure the patient’s prescription drugs safely interact with one another.
- Describe the benefits of having a medical expert on your side who can share the patient’s concerns and needs with their doctors.
- Help you manage and maximize family involvement to best serve the patient.
- Show you how a professional healthcare advocate can help transition the patient from hospital discharge to home care.
- Understand the benefits of rehabilitation when prescribed.